New Marines -I Like Baseball 7"









Probably my all-time favorite band, New Marines, from Pasadena, California, released their debut single in 1980. I Like Baseball b/w From These Parts. Although I didn't pick it up until 1982 at Off The Record in San Diego, this awesome slab of vinyl with it's keyboard driven style was an instant classic. Neither song was included on any of their future releases.

Band members:
Martin Kelley - Keyboards, Vocals
J. Scott Riker - Drums
Pierre Smith - Guitars, Vocals
Brad Thiel - Bass, Vocals
James Thiel - Guitar, Vocals (later releases Jazbo Thiel)




Downloads all available on main page : http://azlocal.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a couple of the New Marines went on to play in the El Vez back up band. I know Pierre did at least three tours.

EL said...

Pierre records at home in LA these days and I think still does some stuff with Human Hands and at least one other band. Will be on tour in Spain with EL Vez in spring of 2008 i'm led to believe. Great guitarist.
Check him out.

C said...

Yes, last I conversed with Pierre, Human Hands had a disc coming out soon and he was working on a solo project as well. He is a great guy!

Thaum said...

I grew up right across the street from the Thiels, and my Sister went out with Martin Kelly's Brother for a while. I love this band, and I have all the vinyl, but I'm not sure of it's condition anymore, as it's in storage and not in the best of conditions. Do you have any more digitized?

Unknown said...

please please please please please please please add the no peace ep to your blog would be so grateful !!!

time warner cable said...

Great blog. Any chance you could repost of this New Marines EP or share by email? I'd love to hear it...

C said...

this should be available on the main downloads page at www.azlocal.blogspot.com

look for their first two ep's to be put up soon

time warner cable said...

A-ha, I figured it out. Thanks so much for the heads up and the tunes.